Spam very simply, is the repeated posting of annoying messages. Spam is annoying and tends to get removed off of the Roblox website.
 Types of Spam
There are several types of spam, and this isn't all of it. But here is a quick overview of what spam looks like, and just remember, all of it annoys the heck out of us.
 Chain Spam
Chain spam is posting a message that tells the reader to post it again somewhere else. This can be something like
- "Post this on 5 hats to get a million tickets!"
- "Post this everywhere or else your account will be deleted!!!!!"
Both of these are not real. There is no way to make money off of spam, and there is no way for your account to be deleted for not posting spam. It just doesn't make any sense anyway. These types of messages tend to be found in Comments and should be ignored or if you feel like it, reported. We'll clean out the spam for you.
 Space Hogging Spam
This is spam that takes up a lot of space. Sometimes it's the same thing repeated over and over, other times it's characters that look like a picture, sometimes called 'ASCII Art'. Either way it ends up taking up a lot of space and making it harder to read the comments or the forum post. Stuff like this is just annoying and should be reported.
 Advertisement Spam
Advertisement spam would be people posting things like
- "IF YOU THINK THIS IS COOL COME TO MY PLACE"
- "MY PLACE HAS REALLY DARK AND SCARY THINGS. COME TO IT"
- "YOU'LL GET 10000 TICKETS IF YOU VISIT MY PLACE. LIMITED TIME OFFER!"
- "GET DRAWN!! GO TO THIS LINK AND BUY THIS SHIRT"
- You should note that this is also a scam to get your money. You will most likely never get drawn.
and usually includes a link to their own shirt or place. This kind of spam doesn't tend to be repeated over and over, but it's still annoying to see on your comments about your place. It makes people go to other places and like all spam, isn't allowed on Roblox. Talk about the item that the comments are about, not other items.
 Preventing Spam
Spam is against the ROBLOX rules. You can prevent spam when you see it by clicking the "Report Abuse" button.
You should always Report Abuse spam because it leads to a much cleaner, spam-free site.
 Ways to Identify Spam
Ask yourself these questions.
- Does it ask for you to copy and paste the message?
- Does it say that you will get something for free?
- Does it contain non-text items? (Like a picture)
- Does it include instructions to get something?
- Does it advertise something?
- Does it have an off-site link?
- Does it involve the product above it? (Spam usually doesn't)