Tackle some of the more challenging aspects of making successful games.
- In-Game Items – Making a Health PickupLearn how to create a basic health pickup item in your game.
- Player Tools – Weapons, Wands, etc.Tools like weapons and wands are a key feature of many games — discover how to construct them!
- Teleporting Within a PlaceHow to teleport players from one location to another within the same place.
- Ranking – Player Points • LeaderboardsEncourage friendly competition with player points and leaderboards.
- Competition – Setting Teams • MatchmakingPut players against players with cooperative team competition.
- Saving Player DataHow to save player items, stats, and other data between game sessions.
- Designing a Dialog TreeExplore how to create a dialog tree, especially common to adventure and role-playing games.
- Creating a Dialog ShopLearn how to create an in-game shop with a virtual shopkeeper.
- Large-Scale Games – Multi-Place Games • Teleporting Between PlacesWhen your game gets big enough, you’ll need more levels. These tutorials have you covered!
- Lua Chat SystemLearn how to use the in-game chat system.
- Map ChooserHow to offer a wide variety of maps and choose them randomly.
- PathfindingSee how Roblox can help compute a clear path for NPCs or players to reach a specific point.
- Player-on-Part Touch Detection – Lighting Parts on FireExplore how to detect when a player touches an object and react to the event.
- Making an Explosion CourseHow to make a course of “land mines” which randomly explode on a timer.
- Remote Functions & EventsHow to communicate between local client scripts and server scripts.