What is the diagnostics window?
The diagnostics window shows feedback about your current computer status while it is running Roblox. This is accessed by going to View > Diagnostics in the Roblox studio.
The diagnostics window pane.
The in-game diagnostics GUI.
You can also view a GUI diagnostics window in any game by holding down Alt+F1, Ctrl+F1 or ⇧ Shift+F1. In addition, multiple other diagnostic windows, all showing different things, can be viewed by using the keys ⇧ Shift+F2 - F6 or by going into the Tools > Stats menu in studio and selecting what you wish to view.
What is this good for?
The diagnostics window doesn't have a ton of uses. However, it can be used for various things such as the ones listed below.
- Viewing the amount of parts
- Identifying how much lag your place has
- Identifying memory use of your game
- Showing your settings
- Allowing the Roblox administrators and developers to help debug the game and identify problems
Contacts, primitives, etc.
- Contacts are when a part is touching another part
- Primitives are objects (like parts). This is the brick count.
- Moving Prims are primitives (bricks) that are moving.
- Timing: Physics is the frame rate of physics. This should be around 30.
- Timing: Rendering is the frame rate of the game. This should be around 60.