There are several classes in Roblox's API that cannot be created using Instance.new.
- Classes that have italicized text, such as the BasePart class, are abstract classes:
- Their members are inherited by other classes.
- Any class that inherits an abstract class can use the IsA method to see if two classes share a common abstract class.
- Service classes, which are children of the DataModel:
- They typically exist prior to scripts running, and can be retrieved using the GetService method.
- Classes that are retrieved from specific methods and events.
- There are way too many cases of this to list here, so check out this sub page to see a full list of them!
- Singleton classes, which exist in every game instance no matter what. Examples include the...
- Classes that exist in the API, but have been disabled for unknown reasons