Move this page over to Signal?
I recently made a change to
, which changed the label of RBXScriptSignal
to just Signal
Is RBXScriptSignal an internal name referenced somewhere in ROBLOX Studio?
Wouldn't it make more sense to just use Signal instead of RBXScriptSignal? CloneTrooper 1019 (talk) 18:10, 31 March 2016 (UTC)
- I'm fairly certain it appears in some error messages, but I can't recall which (or whether they still exist). If they do, we shouldn't (and Signal should continue to redirect here) - the wiki is intended to document the ROBLOX API, and page names should reflect that in my opinion.
- With that said, calling
tostring on an event (say Changed, for example) returns
Signal <eventName>. It's possible that RBXScriptSignal was renamed ROBLOX-side to Signal (RBXScriptConnection seems to have undergone a similar simplification; calling
tostring on an event connection returns
Connection). I'm not a RBXDev member so I can't check there; if a member could ask about that that'd be great. If it has been (and I'll check and see what I can find myself), I've got no objections for moving the page. MemoryAddress (talk) 19:12, 31 March 2016 (UTC)
- Can confirm, there is an error that labels it as RBXScriptSignal.
- If I run this invalid code in the command bar:
I get this error message:
- Thursday Apr 19 17:45:56 2018 - game.ChildAdded.connect():1: bad argument #1 to 'connect' (RBXScriptSignal expected, got no value)
- Fair enough. CloneTrooper 1019 (talk) 21:02, 18 April 2016 (UTC)